Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paints for decorating a shop window for halloween

Options
  • 21-10-2015 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

My teenage daughter has been asked to decorate a restaurant's 4 windows for Halloween. We bought Uni Posca markers recommended in Art & Hobby total cost E65. Owner said she would cover the cost of materials but seemed a bit shocked at the price. Also, my daughter says markers are slow to work with and would prefer paint and a brush.

As a few other shop owners have now asked her to decorate their windows, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend paint and where I could buy it a bit more cheaply if poss than Art & Hobby? A & H said that poster paint could be used but it might melt and stream if there is condensation.

Any help greatly appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I always used poster paint mixed with washing up liquid!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Don't be worried people think €50 will cover the costs of everything these days, people generally grossly underestimate the cost of art, it's just a sad fact of life. The amount of times i've been asked to paint walls, vans, truck trailers ect. and then when we talk money they are always shocked that it's going to cost more than €50.

Advertisement