Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ramble Inn

Options
  • 21-10-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the story is there, Is it a private collection or what? I passed it yesterday and it was all closed up. What is in there?

Also i could have sworn there was a Metro Vic A class somewhere alongside the road on the way from cork to Clonakilty in recent years?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Where's the Ramble Inn? There hasn't been a Metrovick in West Cork since the railway was lifted.

Ramble Inn = Halfway House? If so the 'collection' there belongs to the Halfway Vintage Club and includes some of the former GSRPS (Mallow) collection but nothing of real interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

I think the Ramble Inn is in Waterfall and had various photos and artifacts on it's wall.

No Metrovicks in Cork, just a Ruston at the Halfway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

I always thought i seen a silver A class somewhere along the road. Clearly not. No idea where i got that from. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

I always thought i seen a silver A class somewhere along the road. Clearly not. No idea where i got that from. Cheers!

Maybe your thinking of the C which used to be at Caherciveen?

GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

No it was most likely my mind running wild!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Thedarkb

No it was most likely my mind running wild!
    If you do pass it again, the C class is numbered C202 and as far as I know should be in south kilkenny

Thedarkb wrote: »
    If you do pass it again, the C class is numbered C202 and as far as I know should be in south kilkenny

Google this:-

52.269966, -7.137489

Bring up street view and head down the hill and see what you can find!

GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Thedarkb

GM228 wrote: »
    Google this:-

52.269966, -7.137489

Bring up street view and head down the hill and see what you can find!

GM228

It was moved in with some narrow gauge stock since that pic was taken, it's near kilmacow.

Thedarkb wrote: »
    It was moved in with some narrow gauge stock since that pic was taken, it's near kilmacow.

Indeed it has, and I know exactly where it is! Just not viewable on street view unfortunately.

52°18'52.8"N 7°08'54.1"W

GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 78,316 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Where's the Ramble Inn? There hasn't been a Metrovick in West Cork since the railway was lifted.

Ramble Inn = Halfway House? If so the 'collection' there belongs to the Halfway Vintage Club and includes some of the former GSRPS (Mallow) collection but nothing of real interest.

A few rotting relics from Mallow out in the open with a sad looking CIE double-decker also left to the elements. :( They have a rally/open day every sept if someone actually wants to view this depressing dereliction up close.

Advertisement