Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public access drugs

Options
  • 21-10-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi guys so i was just wondering what people are making of the announcement of public acccess drugs for members of the public to use.
    i think that it is a good idea however what i am really wondering about is where this leaves EMT's, this is basically giving our entire set of meds to be given by members of the public who wont be acting with a CPG approved organisation. does this mean that practitioners wont need to be under CPG org to administer?
    ive read a few opinions that say EMT will get more meds but in reality what can be really given to EMT very few i think.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

No EMT will be operating outside a CPG provider and I can't see drugs like those been on the wall of shopping centre next to the AED.

In reality it'll probably mean more availability in the community.... Pharmacists with ability to administer initially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I'm not living in Ireland so I'm out of the loop, but will this prevent similar issues such as pharmacists not being able to give out an emergency epi-pen, as has happened in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭flazio

discus wrote: »
    I'm not living in Ireland so I'm out of the loop, but will this prevent similar issues such as pharmacists not being able to give out an emergency epi-pen, as has happened in the past?
    I believe that this is exactly why this new initiative has been brought in.

Advertisement