Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Social Welfare Group Engagement Meeting

Options
  • 20-10-2015 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was scheduled to attend one of these meetings as part of my Job Seekers Allowance requirements to try and help me find work. However a few days beforehand I was called about a job interview which would clash with this meeting. I phoned my social welfare office and informed them of this, they said it would be fine and that another meeting on another date would be assigned to me if I missed this one. However, this morning I received a letter about missing this meeting and have been told to attend an interview at my social welfare office to explain why I missed it and they would be reviewing whether to suspend my job seeker payments.

Can anyone advise as to what I am in for here?

Also, while I have proof of my application for this job and a follow up email from the company which I can show the welfare office, they arranged my job interview appointment over the phone. Will what I have satisfy the welfare office?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Aldo Raine wrote: »
    I was scheduled to attend one of these meetings as part of my Job Seekers Allowance requirements to try and help me find work. However a few days beforehand I was called about a job interview which would clash with this meeting. I phoned my social welfare office and informed them of this, they said it would be fine and that another meeting on another date would be assigned to me if I missed this one. However, this morning I received a letter about missing this meeting and have been told to attend an interview at my social welfare office to explain why I missed it and they would be reviewing whether to suspend my job seeker payments.

Can anyone advise as to what I am in for here?

Also, while I have proof of my application for this job and a follow up email from the company which I can show the welfare office, they arranged my job interview appointment over the phone. Will what I have satisfy the welfare office?

Don't worry about it. Make a point about having rang to defer the meeting, what time of day you rang, which day, was it a man or woman.
    It's imperative to always get the full name of the person you deal with either over the phone or in purpose at your local SW office

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aldo Raine

Thank you, I will do just that! I actually feel stupid for not getting the lady's name when I rang. I'm just hoping that there was a lack of communication between them in the office and that this will be easily solved. While I am 99% certain I will be offered this job, the start date is mid-November so I still really need my money until then!

Advertisement