Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country rankings

Options
  • 20-10-2015 9:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

Ok,so just signed up and want to ask a question without getting abuse.

How do people see the rankings of countries if all teams playing at their best.

1.NZ
    2.SA
    3.AUS
    4.Eng
    5.Wales
    6.ireland
    7.argentina
    8.france

Please no bitching if u don't agree lets rather debate why u don't agree.

England/Wales was hard to see who is better at their peak,same as Ireland,France,Argentina to a lesser extent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lunarhog

(1)

New Zealand
    NZL

(2)

Australia
    AUS

(5)

South Africa
    RSA

(6)

Argentina
    ARG

(4)

Wales
    WAL

(3)

Ireland
    IRE

(7)

France
    FRA

(8)

England
    ENG

(9)

Scotland
    SCO

(10)

Japan
    JPN

Read more at http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings/index.html#tkyk8OSSrOrdMkbz.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Bokbefok

Sorry maybe didn't explain correctly,wanted to know where people would rank each country if they played to their best ability.

oh, in that case

1. New Zealand
    2. Ireland
    3. South Africa
    4. Australia
    5. Wales
    6. France
    7. England
    8. Argentina

lunarhog wrote: »
    oh, in that case

1. New Zealand
    2. Ireland
    3. South Africa
    4. Australia
    5. Wales
    6. France
    7. England
    8. Argentina

I can't tell if u taking the piss or not

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Bokbefok wrote: »
    Please no bitching if u don't agree lets rather debate why u don't agree.

Allow me to remind you of your own comment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

Until we make the WC semi final then we're between 5th and 8th best in the world. Ireland definitely behind Southern Hemisphere 4 and probably wales (given their injuries). Scotland could also claim to be ahead of us given they performed better in quarter finals. Best team is whoever wins WC.

RuMan wrote: »
    Until we make the WC semi final then we're between 5th and 8th best in the world. Ireland definitely behind Southern Hemisphere 4 and probably wales (given their injuries). Scotland could also claim to be ahead of us given they performed better in quarter finals. Best team is whoever wins WC.

Take the World Cup out of it,just each country at their best,how would u rank them then.

RuMan wrote: »
    I disagree, if we had france first up in the pool and less key injuries, then I believe we would have got to the final and ran the all blacks very close, maybe even sneaked a win. Ireland are good value for a top 4 ranking, despite Sunday's defeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

lunarhog wrote: »
    I disagree, if we had france first up in the pool and less key injuries, then I believe we would have got to the final and ran the all blacks very close, maybe even sneaked a win. Ireland are good value for a top 4 ranking, despite Sunday's defeat

Lot of IF's there ! The FACT is we lost to probably the weakest of the semi finalists. NZ ended up with their 4th choice OH at last world cup but they still won. If we were top 4 we'd be in the semi finals.We didn't, so we're not. We're fairly consistently between 5 and 8th best team in the world though. (except 1999 & 2007)

If my aunt had balls .................

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

1.NZ
    2.AUS
    3.SA
    4.Argentina
    5.Wales
    6.Ireland
    7.England
    8.France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Take the World Cup out of it,just each country at their best,how would u rank them then.

Mate seriously- why would you take the WC out of it? That is the acid test.

I still think the way Argentina played on Sunday they would have still beaten Ireland at full strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Mate seriously- why would you take the WC out of it? That is the acid test.

I still think the way Argentina played on Sunday they would have still beaten Ireland at full strength.

That's debatable. In saying that, the debate would never end without an actual match in those circumstances to back it up.

I'll just say this. Defensively we are normally far better than what we showed against Argentina. If you look at our record over the last two years up to the quarter final, we conceded an average of just under 13 points per game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Do you just want us to tell you SA are great?
    Currently they're not, and far from it. They need to sort out their political nonsense first and decide where they're going. Their great players are nearing the end of their careers and too many of the rest are playing in Europe.

At their very best they are third in the world, behind NZ and Australia. England are potentially fourth but they need to hurry up and being their promising players through and let them play to their strengths. Ireland are about sixth, and have recently being punching above their weight. If they really put their minds to it and got the right coach and cooperation from the league, France are just about fifth. Otherwise Argentina fifth.

Do you just want us to tell you SA are great?
    Currently they're not, and far from it. They need to sort out their political nonsense first and decide where they're going. Their great players are nearing the end of their careers and too many of the rest are playing in Europe.

At their very best they are third in the world, behind NZ and Australia. England are potentially fourth but they need to hurry up and being their promising players through and let them play to their strengths. Ireland are about sixth, and have recently being punching above their weight. If they really put their minds to it and got the right coach and cooperation from the league, France are just about fifth. Otherwise Argentina fifth.

This is why we can't have a debate cos people like u jump
    To conclusions,anyway yes SA are **** at the moment but we still had a younger starting 15 than Ireland,SA is the only team that can compete for the number one spot and we prove it time and time
    Again,yes we have political **** going on within the team but imagine if we didn't???i really would what ever it is that u are smoking to think SA at its best is only 3rd in the world.
    Anyway I do think ENG are 4th ahead of Wales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I would not put Sa in the top 5 after their loss to Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

magentis wrote: »
    I would not put Sa in the top 5 after their loss to Japan.

Who are the 5 ahead of them? NZ, Aus, Argentina and who? Ireland, I don't know, possibly. I'd favour the Boks though. England? Nope. Wales? Nope. France? Nope. The semis are a fair representation of world rugby atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I agree the semis are a fair representation. NZ, Oz, South Africa and Argentina, in that order. Personally I would rate Wales above Ireland, at 5th, and us at 6th, ahead of England, then Scotland, then France.

Advertisement