Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 weeks in Peru. Should I skip Northern Peru?

Options
  • 20-10-2015 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey guys.

I'm backpacking in Ecuador at the moment but will be heading to Peru over next few days. I'll have about 4 weeks in Peru altogether. The pace of travelling has been pretty quick over last few weeks so was thinking of skipping Northern Peru so that I'll be able to take my time a bit more doing the classic route from Lima to Cusco.
    My question is, am I being stupid travelling through Northern Peru and not stopping? I know there's places that are obviously worthwhile but I am I cutting my time short in other places then. Any advice appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

Stop a night in Trujillo and check out Chan Chan, the north has very friendly people and cheap lunches

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

kieran--f wrote: »
    Stop a night in Trujillo and check out Chan Chan, the north has very friendly people and cheap lunches

Cheers Kieran, we ended up getting the bus from Guayaquil direct to limain the end. Had a tinge of guilt as we passed through Trujillo but at least we´re in Lima now and can take an extra few days heading down south. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭nickkohl

Cheers Kevcol. How was it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'd say he barely remembers it 8 years later!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I've been 3 times ..... have very hazy memories when people ask for recommendations where to stay / go etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement