Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing my ACA

Options
  • 20-10-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I was in a training contract with a big 4 firm and completed the FAE with them three years ago. Unfortunately I became ill and could not finish with them. I then returned to complete training contract with smaller firm last year but unfortunately could only do two months with them before illness reoccurred. I have finally been given the all clear and am feeling a lot better.

However I am now anxious to finish my experience for ACA registration with institute. I've emailed them but they have been very slow to get back to me. I'm currently thinking of working in Revenue. Will that count as relevant experience? How long to I have to get this experience completed. The only thing the person from the institute said to me was to register for the flexible option route.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way I have seven months of training left to complete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sisyphus Mark II

Chartered Accountants Ireland have gotten back to me and explained exactly what I need to do to get fully qualified, they were very helpful and in fairness didn't take them too long to respond . Don't need any further response to this thread and I guess it can be closed. The FAE is a tough test but have to admit institute are very fair with their different access routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Gladto hear you know where you stand. Best of luck completeing the remaining training!

Advertisement