Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beeping Inverter

Options
  • 19-10-2015 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

I don't have the manual for my inverter any more, so don't know the answer to this question.....

If the inverter starts a constant loud beep, does this mean that (a) the leisure battery is getting low or (b) I'm just drawing too much power for my inverter to handle at that moment (its 150W)??

I do have a cigarette socket voltage reader, but had left it at home, so couldn't tell the battery level at that moment

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

On mine it means the battery is getting low.

Low battery.
    If you overload it it generally just shuts down.

Try running the engine next time it happens and see if it silences.
    The alarm is set too low on those dofers, usually the battery is already hammered by the time it goes off.

My inverter doesn't have an alarm I pulled it off the PCB about 5 years ago because it was irritating me. Hard-wired meters are the way to go.

Advertisement