Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for nicotine to leave the system?

Options
  • 19-10-2015 10:36pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been vaping since 1st January and have just moved down to 6mg today. My aim is to stay on this for a month or two and then move down again to 0mg. Once I do that I aim to stay on that for a while until all the nicotine leaves my system before trying to break the habit of smoking/vaping. Does anyone have any idea how long that takes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

3 days I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hi guys,

I've been vaping since 1st January and have just moved down to 6mg today. My aim is to stay on this for a month or two and then move down again to 0mg. Once I do that I aim to stay on that for a while until all the nicotine leaves my system before trying to break the habit of smoking/vaping. Does anyone have any idea how long that takes?

Nicotine itself? Quite fast actually should have completely left your system within 2-3 days tops

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Thanks for the replies guys, how long does it take for the withdrawal symptoms to go away, or does it vary from person to person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

From the scientific literature I read a few years ago, the nicotine is gone in 2-4 days. Your body will take a couple weeks to replenish the chemicals that have been replaced by smoking, but the behavior habits can take a lifetime to lose.

Anecdotally, my grandfather is nearly 90 and quit smoking 30 years ago or more. He still wants one after a meal. I guess this varies person to person... Tell yourself that the cravings are all in your head after a couple weeks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Thanks, I did successfully quit for about 5 years, then moved back home to look after my chain-smoking mother, and well you can guess what happened then! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement