Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary School Teaching.

Options
  • 19-10-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello There,
    So I have a question that I badly need the answers to , So I am currently in 6th year and will be sitting my Leaving Cert next June and I am really interested in Secondary School Teaching.
    1. I want to teach English and Business ( A weird combination I know ) but I am currently doing Ordinary Level English but Higher Level Business and my average grade in Business is a C1 which is pretty alright at the moment.
    2. Can I do a PLC that will get me into Arts? Or Business Teaching of any sort?
    3. I am based in Sligo and I know there are a few colleges of further education , The reason I am looking at these is because I do not think I will get the points straight away to get into University.

I also have a few questions about the teaching profession itself , If there are any post-primary teachers on here to answer my questions too , All the better!:
    1. What does the job involve as in a typical full day?
    2. I am aware that there are other duties involved such as Supervision & Substitution , How does this work?
    3. Are there many jobs in English/Business teaching anymore?
    4. Is it really THAT stressful? e.g. - disruptive students , unpleasant parents , correcting , giving up breaks and lunch for supervision , staying back after school etc...???
    Thank you all in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have a look at some of the MANY posts in the Teaching and Lecturing forum about the lack of jobs of any kind, let alone full-time ones. Both English and Business teachers are ten a penny.

Advertisement