Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apologies, can't find the right thread? Softbricked VF Smart 4 Mini. OTA update

Options
  • 19-10-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Hi mods,

apologies if there's a suitable place to ask this. I've searched and searched for a few days now.

I accidentally accepted an OTA update for a Smart 4 Mini that was rooted but stock ROM. Seems to have softbricked it. I have the "android technology" logo coming up and, eventually, the Android System recovery 3e terminal.

Can I just find the stock rom for the phone and load it through the sdcard? I have no
    custom recovery software loaded on the phone. I may also have tried wipe data/factory reset.

It was a cheap buy @ e20 new but I don't want to see it wasted if I can recover it.

Thanks in advance. Perhaps a mod could merge this where it belongs or point me in the right direction?

Comments

Advertisement