Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting in UK

Options
  • 19-10-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

if it is okay for me to ask this question here if not then i am sorry
    i am right now visiting a friend in south wales and we have been talking about voting in the uk i know i am no longer a bristish citizen but my friend is saying that i can sill vote in the uk
    is that right that irish citizens can vote in the uk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

If they are living there, Irish citizens can vote in the UK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yes. I voted in the general election last May.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

As do I (and did at the last GE)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

OP, given that you have the answer that you wanted and that there is no real scope for discussion here I am going to close this thread.

Here is a link to the electoral commission's website detailing who can vote:

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/faq/voting-and-registration/who-is-eligible-to-vote-at-a-uk-general-election

Regards,
    ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement