Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best web-based software for small practice?

Options
  • 19-10-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys, looking for advice from the experts here.

My Dad is running Sage accounts and has been for about 25 years, since it was called Apex. I've been maintaining his setup so far and between the amount of dodgy upgrades, terrible support and an eye on his overdue retirement, he's decided he wants to move clients on to a cloud-based solution.

Lots of his clients do their own accounts on Sage and then he has to collect the data off them, import it, fix it because they've made a balls of the entries, and obviously then manage storage of it.
    So with a cloud solution he can let them go ahead and enter their stuff online, where he can review and sign off on it, and so forth, saving a load of hassle from his side, not least saving him half a day travelling back and forth to clients.

So, any recommendations from you guys? I see big red cloud going heavily on their marketing at the moment and they look like a good solution. Though there's a typo on their website which always raises flags for me :)

I'm kind of familiar with BulletHQ, but that seems like it's too small. Practically all of his clients are sole traders or small business with somewhere between 2 and 10 employees.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I haven't used either in earnest but afaik Nolapro http://www.nolapro.com/index.html and sortmybooks http://sortmybooks.com/ have cloud options. Sortmybooks is Irish so might be more suited to Irish tax and accounting practices out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

We tried most of the online ones on the market and now we use sage one and xero.

Have a look at sageone it might suit your needs.

Advertisement