Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearing Club GAA jerseys

Options
  • 19-10-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I want to get a club jersey but I'm not a member of a club and I don't really have any connections to any particular club but my family would be connected to a couple of clubs down through the years.
    If it's any help I live in the Carbery division of Cork.
    I was thinking of Glen, Na Piarsaigh or Castlehaven.
    I suppose what I'm trying to ask is would this be okay and would you have any problem wearing the jersey of another club or if you've never played would you wear a club jersey?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

I want to get a club jersey but I'm not a member of a club and I don't really have any connections to any particular club but my family would be connected to a couple of clubs down through the years.
    If it's any help I live in the Carbery division of Cork.
    I was thinking of Glen, Na Piarsaigh or Castlehaven.
    I suppose what I'm trying to ask is would this be okay and would you have any problem wearing the jersey of another club or if you've never played would you wear a club jersey?

Players often wear jerseys of other clubs/counties when training. Club jerseys tend to be randomly picked up from clubs outside of your own county. But it would be unusual to see a player of club/county A casually wearing the jersey of club/county B day to day.
    Personally I would think that to be strange. Others may disagree.

Just to add - if you are not affiliated to any club in the first place it probably wouldn't be strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Many young people wear club and in some cases county jerseys as part of their fashion, as they like the syle and colours, great to see a bit of colour being added to a sometimes drab world.

Various training tops are available which are more suitable for winter wear.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HimalayaJoe123

crazyman wrote: »
    Players often wear jerseys of other clubs/counties when training. Club jerseys tend to be randomly picked up from clubs outside of your own county. But it would be unusual to see a player of club/county A casually wearing the jersey of club/county B day to day.
    Personally I would think that to be strange. Others may disagree.

Just to add - if you are not affiliated to any club in the first place it probably wouldn't be strange.

Ah yeah, I mainly only wear them for training/leisure wear anyway. I do have a fair few other county jerseys I wear regularly enough like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HimalayaJoe123

Xenophile wrote: »
    Many young people wear club and in some cases county jerseys as part of their fashion, as they like the syle and colours, great to see a bit of colour being added to a sometimes drab world.

Various training tops are available which are more suitable for winter wear.

Id always be on the lookout for 'class' jerseys. I enjoy a bit of colour like. If everyone's wearing jerseys you want to at least have one that stands out!

By training tops do you mean half zips/side zip jackets?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

You do whatever you want boy and don't let anyone tell you different!!

Now for a third supplier with a special emphasis on Lady's Jerseys.

http://www.masita.ie/shop/Sport-products.asp?subcatId=1750

• Registered Users Posts: 13 exiled in the kingdom

the Carbery jersey is nice might be one to get

i love collecting club jerseys

Here are some jerseys which are seldom or never seen in Croke Park...............................bound to create a bit of interest.

http://www.elverys.ie/category/leitrim-gaa/0000000566

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭rpurfield

It seemed to me a few weeks back every fresher in college in Dublin was wearing their club shirts around the city!! I don't see the issue in wearing one if you aren't from a club, I'd have no issue picking up a club jersey to wear casual now

Advertisement