Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christmas Forum Meet up 2015

• 19-10-2015 9:51am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

Just creating this as a few people have enquired if we're doing one. Especially as we seem to have a solid group of posters.

I think the I believe in Christmas festival would make for a great location. Central Dublin and it has a market, 50ft tree and the I BELIEVE™ Market Lodge which offers craft beer and food.

So if anyone is interested or has other ideas please register your thoughts/suggestions/opinions here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭ baby and crumble

image.jpg

I'm definitely up for it. I like the idea of meeting up at the festival for sure.

And just to be annoying, maybe anyone who's coming could bring a little small pressie (if they want) and we do a really low-key secret santa? Like, if you come just bring a small thing (homemade, maybe up to a fiver) and then we just put them all on a tabe or in a bag and everyone who brought something gets to pick something out and bring a different thing home? I dunno. Just an idea. I think it'd be fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭ kitten_k

54934089.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

I love the idea of secret Santa :D

Yea me too, would be great fun!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

Also I am LOVING the meme replies haha

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭ Scarinae

I'm going to be a maybe, as it depends on when the meetup is! I might not be back in Ireland for it

What dates are you home Scarinae?

Scarinae wrote: »
    I'm going to be a maybe, as it depends on when the meetup is! I might not be back in Ireland for it

If enough people show interest we'll try our best to find a date to suit as many people as we can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭ baby and crumble

Loughc wrote: »
    Also I am LOVING the meme replies haha

christmas-kitty_o_981009.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭ Scarinae

kitten_k wrote: »
    What dates are you home Scarinae?

I'm back on the 17th, but I'll have my new boyfriend in tow until the 21st - and he might be a bit alarmed if I say we're going to meet some people from the internet :D

• Advertisement

Scarinae wrote: »
    I'm back on the 17th, but I'll have my new boyfriend in tow until the 21st - and he might be a bit alarmed if I say we're going to meet some people from the internet :D

Ah we will be nice to him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

6o3t3Rz.jpg?1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mystery Egg

I won't be able to make it - I'm not back in Ireland til the 28th. :(

Hope you all have a wonderful time. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

h0AD3386D

I will be there once I have a babysitter:))
    Compulsory christmas jumpers?;)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    h0AD3386D

I don't know what to make of this :-O

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

neither did I so what better place to share it!!

I love seeing the christmas stuff behind the Halloween stuff atm. I promised the kids we can change the front garden in to a very scary place tomorrow,do you reckon if I put up the christmas lights it will scare the neighbours enough?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭ Jude13

Im keen, back in Ireland 19-31

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭ leahyl

Enjoy guys! Pity it's Dublin! :( I'll keep the flag flying down here anyways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 StripedBoxers

What date is this meet up possibly on? In Nov or Dec?

What date is this meet up possibly on? In Nov or Dec?

It all depends on what suits the majority. I'd be leaning for a late November/early December time as any closer to Christmas and you'd find everyone is very busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 StripedBoxers

I would be up for this.

Just one question - do you have to be a Boardsie to go?

A friend of mine is from Dublin and would be up for going but she isn't a member of boards, and I can't persuade her to join :(

I would be up for this.

Just one question - do you have to be a Boardsie to go?

A friend of mine is from Dublin and would be up for going but she isn't a member of boards, and I can't persuade her to join :(

Of course she doesn't. The more the merrier :)

But the more boardies that can make it the better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 SMJSF

I'm up for it, and either month suits me, just can't do it on a Thursday or Friday evening/nights since I've very early starts the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭ emmagination

This sounds like a lovely idea, I'd definitely be interested! :)

Advertisement