Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo

Options
  • 19-10-2015 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

I have wanted a tattoo for over a year, if not longer. So its not some random decision.

I know exactly what i want. But the size, I'm not so sure. Its hard to imagine things from a computer screen and then on skin.

Do i print a picture in various sizes or what's the best way? Or will i print one picture and will a tattoo artist help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cripesonfriday

Printing out a couple of different sizes has worked for me in the past, just to give me an idea of how it would look.
    But your tattoo artist can advise you about what size works, and can often give good advice on placement, to help it flow on the body. An image on a screen, or even on paper, is very different to it on your body.

If you've settled on an image, and an artist, then your best bet is to pop in and have a chat. It can be a little daunting, but they deal with first timers all the time and will answer any questions you may have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

Thanks for the above

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Immaculata

Your tattoo artist will put the image on you, in a temporary form, before he or she starts actually inking it permanently. Obviously talk it over with him or her first, as cripesonfriday suggests, but don't worry too much as because of this 'preview' you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

I've printed different sizes images to see what it might look like and I'm ok with two of them. Though, i will get the advice of the tattoo artist.

It may sound stupid but once i bring in a picture, how do they do it? Do they trace the picture or what? I'd love to know how its done.

I haven't settled on an artist yet but i wouldn't mind traveling because what I've seen on facebook, a friend of a friend type of thing, he has some brilliant work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nicolevins

I've printed different sizes images to see what it might look like and I'm ok with two of them. Though, i will get the advice of the tattoo artist.

It may sound stupid but once i bring in a picture, how do they do it? Do they trace the picture or what? I'd love to know how its done.

I haven't settled on an artist yet but i wouldn't mind traveling because what I've seen on facebook, a friend of a friend type of thing, he has some brilliant work.

Some artists will draw out your tattoo idea to create a stencil which will then be transferred on you to see if you like it before beginning to tattoo you. Others will do it free hand and draw directly onto the skin with markers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement