Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum-machine with time signatures?

Options
  • 18-10-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Me and a friend have a duo, playing in small pubs, etc. We've been looking at drum machines (hardware) and while some of them are top-heavy with features, we can't find even one where we can key in time-signatures (e.g: 3/4, 6/8, etc.) and then play around with sounds, kits, speed, etc.

So, I just wondered if anyone can point me towards a simple, straightforward drum-machine with buttons for various time-signatures? I saw one online (fingerlab/DM1) but it's software only.

P.S: I know that the most-used drum-machine by solo acts and duos is probably the Alesis SR-16. No thanks, we had one. In order to get 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures, it has to be programmed by someone who knows how to do that. Same with the Boss/Roland machines.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What about the beatbuddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pat carpendale

Hi.
    I recently got a Korg- Beat Boy. Lovely small drum machine.Great small machine.
    Many features to much to mention hear, On the Thomann Ire site.
    Only draw back, you have to manualy stop and start.
    Worth a look at
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Cork guitarist

I got my SR 16 programmed by a chap out in Glanworth, some time ago, €35 or thereabouts. He put in a couple of waltzes, 2 quicksteps, slosh, etc.... I wouldn't use anything else now.

Advertisement