Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion Shows

Options
  • 18-10-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Is there much of a runway or fashion scene in Ireland? I'd be interested in going to shows but I can't seem to find any details of anything online. Is it something that doesn't really happen here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

It's probably just events that the likes of Brown Thomas would put on; I don't think any international designers do shows here. Some Irish designers might do, but they'd be fairly small scale I'd imagine, like something on in the Powerscourt centre, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think there is one at the plowing. ;) There are sort of local fashion shows as a part of some other event or store ones, some open to the public and some are invitation only and mostly to create publicity (BT, I think Arnotts do Irish designers). The thing Expose are organizing probably has one but I wouldn't think there are many good ones in Ireland that you can get into without invitation.

Advertisement