Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New roof skin

Options
  • 18-10-2015 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi folks, a friend has asked me to post this for him. He intends to re-roof his C class motorhome as the existing one is sagging. any information would be much appreciated regarding sourcing the anuminium skin , the best glues to use , and any pitfalls to look out for. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

sjfoley wrote: »
    Hi folks, a friend has asked me to post this for him. He intends to re-roof his C class motorhome as the existing one is sagging. any information would be much appreciated regarding sourcing the anuminium skin , the best glues to use , and any pitfalls to look out for. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Is it just to stop the standing water accumulating on it? I would glue a second skin of UV stabilise PVC cladding over the top and forget about it reroofing and reframing is a massive job I wouldnt draw it on myself unless tgeres been water ingress and I wouldn't seek to reuse the same materials either they're ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sjfoley

Thanks for the reply, This friend intends to replace the entire roof structure and I'd be very confident this fellow could do an amazing job , as I've seem some amazing projects he's carried out before. Still, any tips on sourceing material would be a help. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If it aint broke don't fix it. Un less there is a strong reason to do it leave it alone.

Advertisement