Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diagnosed with ADHD

Options
  • 18-10-2015 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I was diagnosed with ADHD in Turkey and living here for 3 months and need medication. Does anyone know a good doctor here (Dublin Centre)? I don't know where to start. Is there a doctors list/database website?

I am on VHI PMI 3613 insurance. Do you think they will cover any doctor visit or medication?

Thank!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

HADD might be able to help. There's some useful info on their site about Adult ADHD

You'd have to ring the VHI, or read through the paperwork, to see what exactly you are covered for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Were you resident in Turkey when the diagnosis was made. What was your treatment plan like there. You may need to look at getting your medical records transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 goksel

Greenmachine, Im from Turkey, I was resident. I will check tomorrow if I can get them. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

That's fair enough don't put them here of course. They could be useful for a Dr. here. Not sure what kind of intervention in normally used on adult here but some other have given some good suggestion on who to contact. :)

Advertisement