Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICU Membership fee rates

Options
  • 16-10-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

This is the current ICU membership fee rates:

http://www.icu.ie/shop

Big discount for Juniors, over 65 and unemployed.

It is understandable why juniors should get a discount, even though Juniors contribute the least but get the most out of ICU expenditure, but why does the discount apply to over 65 and unemployed ?

How does ICU check if someone is unemployed?, do you have to show your P45 or welfare receipt ?, If discount for unemployed then why not for the low paid who can be worse off financially than those not working.

If I was over 65 and got the discount it would make me feel old for the sake of 15 euro :(

In Junior ICU fees, new customers get big discount over existing customers!.

Anyone aware if other federations apply discount to non-juniors ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Just as an extra item on this actually (maybe the current ICU exec will pick up on it and have a look!) - I've always thought a New Adult fee would be worthwhile.

So a junior a E20 - but a first-time junior joiner is E10.

Yet an adult is E35 regardless.

Should first-time adult members get a reduced fee as well?

Or do first-time adult members tend to go to a weekender tournament and not bother joining the ICU anyway (as opposed to joining their local club and playing in the Leinster Leagues where ICU membership is mandatory)?

Pensioners get lots of discounts, but they're now the generation who got reasonably-priced houses and decent salaries (a financial benefit of course), while the current generation are spending large chunks of their money on overpriced accommodation. So you may well have a point on pensioners!

Advertisement