Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story

Options
  • 16-10-2015 11:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

Is this show worth a watch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yes. And no. Depending.

If only we knew what kind of show you were into. I mean, it's no Noddy. If you like Noddy, you won't really like AHS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Season one and two were excellent, I disliked the third season immensely, the fourth was more in tune with the first two seasons but not brilliant either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fifth has just started in the States.

First two are great and completely bonkers(especially the second one, the third one was poor. Haven't gotten around to watching the fourth as the third one put me off a bit, but with a fifth season underway I think I will give the fourth season a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Short answer is yes. Watch a few episodes and see if you like it. That pretty much goes for anything and everything, like movies, food, clothes... try it to see if you like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

My main problem with it is that it uses the same actors in different roles from season to season, which gets tiresome. I don't particularly like Jessica Lange's acting. I thought season one was poor, season two decent. Contrary to some I loved season three. I found it very creepy. I started season four but gave up after one episode when I heard Lange's foreign accent. If you like black comedy with gruesome violence, you'll enjoy the show. I can take it or leave it
    P.S. it's no Penny Dreadful, which is fabulous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

It's mental. Well....I think it is. I watched the fist three...or maybe four? I didn't watch the one based around the circus people. But you'll definitely know a couple of episodes in, whether it's your cuppa tea or not.

It's good, but bizarre!!

Advertisement