Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mockito claiming method called twice

Options
  • 16-10-2015 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I am running a test on my class using Mockito. The test verifies that a method called postMessage(destination, messageString) is called.

My test aims to verify that, depending on the message content, postMessage() is either called once or zero times.

The issue I have is that in my class, I have 2 calls to postMessage(). The difference between the 2 calls is the destination - the calls send a message to 2 different destinations.

e.g.
    1. postMessage(destination-1, message)

2. postMessage(destination-2, message)

When I call verify with 1 times, like so
    //actually called twice because of destination-1 and destination-2
    verify(sender, times(1)).postMessage(Mockito.<Destination>.any(), Mockito.<String>.any());

the actual number is 2. I know the number 2 is right because it's called twice, but I want to isolate a test on only the method called with destination-2.

Also, when I want to verify that postMessage() is called zero times (message not sent), my test will class will rightly claim that postMessage() was called once - this is because it was actually called for destination-1.
    //actually called once because of destination-1
    verify(sender, times(0)).postMessage(Mockito.<Destination>.any(), Mockito.<String>.any());

So my question is - how do I isolate my test to testing exactly what I want and not the behaviour of my first call to postMessage()?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Replacing:
    verify(sender, times(1)).postMessage(Mockito.<Destination>.any(), Mockito.<String>.any());

with
    Destination myDest = mock(Destination.class);

verify(sender, times(1)).postMessage(myDest, Mockito.<String>.any());

worked.

Advertisement