Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify ad on lock screen even after uninstalling

Options
  • 15-10-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Apols if this has been covered, did a search but found nothing (on the app, which, let's face it, isn't the most reliable).

Since listening to Spotify earlier on my Galaxy S5 (Android version 5.0), my lock screen is displaying an ad for Spotify. Killed the app and have even uninstalled it but the ad is still there. It's driving me mad and Google isn't helping, just suggesting 3rd party lock-screen apps.

Anyone come across this and have a fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Just reboot the phone, I'd bet it will be gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mourinho wrote:
    Just reboot the phone, I'd bet it will be gone

Jaysis, the IT special, how did I not think of that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Dial Hard wrote: »

did it actually work?

If not, you may need to clear cache or even factory reset. Though there may be files you can access that remained after uninstalling to delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Did it work?

I know cause something similar happened to me before :pac:

did it actually work?

Mourinho wrote:
    Did it work?

Yup!

• Advertisement

Have another head-scratcher now - since yesterday, when I want to upload a photo from my phone to Facebook, it won't allow me to pick a Facebook album to put the photo in. The "Choose Album" icon is still there, but when I click it, the album list is blank.

Updated the app to the latest version just now and still no joy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have another head-scratcher now - since yesterday, when I want to upload a photo from my phone to Facebook, it won't allow me to pick a Facebook album to put the photo in. The "Choose Album" icon is still there, but when I click it, the album list is blank.

Updated the app to the latest version just now and still no joy.

Facebook is a bit broken at the moment, i find if it doesnt work and killing the app has no effect, deactivate your FB, uninstall the app. Reinstall, activate your page and it will work for a short while.

Advertisement