Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract

Options
  • 15-10-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So I have been working for an airline and have had a few roll over contracts

march - Nov 2012 F/T

6 months unemployed

March - Nov 2013 F/T

Nov - March 2014 P/T

April 2014 - Present F/T

my contract finishes in November. They have offered permanent contracts but they are only for 20 hours a week.

Can they do this?

Am I entitled to redundancy if I don't take the part time? I don't want to work the part time it's 20 hours over five days. Costs me a fortune on petrol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Hounded wrote: »
    So I have been working for an airline and have had a few roll over contracts

march - Nov 2012 F/T

6 months unemployed

March - Nov 2013 F/T

Nov - March 2014 P/T

April 2014 - Present F/T

my contract finishes in November. They have offered permanent contracts but they are only for 20 hours a week.

Can they do this?

Am I entitled to redundancy if I don't take the part time? I don't want to work the part time it's 20 hours over five days. Costs me a fortune on petrol.

How would you be entitled to redundancy? You were on fixed term contracts and they are offering you a full time contract, not ending your employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They are offering a permanent contract but not a full time contract.

I have been working temp full time.

They are offering permanent part time 20 hour contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I Don't believe that you are entitled to redundacy , it is a fixed term contract that has ended. Now independently they are offering you a new contract , If they did not offer you a contract do you think you would be entitled to redundancy ?

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

You need to be employed by the same employer for 104 weeks continuous to avail of redundancy. ..and also it appears your position is not redundant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

You are currently on a fixed term contract, at the end of the term, provided certain contractual criteria are met, they can say bye bye to you. They are offering you a permanent contract in the sense that it is of indefinite duration albeit with different hours. You can either accept it or walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

You are been offered a permanent 20hr job...if you took this and 104 weeks later your company decided to make your position redundant you would be entitled to (min 2 weeks per year) at a 20hr week

Advertisement