Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facebook app emoticons

Options
  • 15-10-2015 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea why I have this issue. I have tried on my sister's Samsung Phone and she has the whatsapp emoticons on her Facebook app but I don't?

I have an S3 mini. Have the latest version of the Facebook app. But I don't have the option of the whatsapp emoticons in Facebook and i see other people using them all the time.

When I go into Settings-Language and Input - Keyboards and input methods I can see that I have the following available:
    Google voice typing
    Samsung keyboard

Has it got something to do with this? My sister's settings seemed to be the same but she has the whatsapp emoticons available on her FB app and I don't.

Confused :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Does your sister have a newer Samsung phone? I think the S3 mini might be running an older version of Android that doesn't support Emoji so its unavailable on the keyboard. But for Whatsapp the Emoji are built into the Whatsapp app itself so always worked I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

henke wrote: »
    Does your sister have a newer Samsung phone? I think the S3 mini might be running an older version of Android that doesn't support Emoji so its unavailable on the keyboard. But for Whatsapp the Emoji are built into the Whatsapp app itself so always worked I believe.

I'm talking about the Facebook app.
    Most people can use the whatsapp emoji in the Facebook app, I can't.
    My Android version is 4.1.2 can I update it to a higher version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

I'm talking about the Facebook app. Most people can use the whatsapp emoji in the Facebook app, I can't. My Android version is 4.1.2 can I update it to a higher version?

Yeah but I don't think you can type those Emoji on the keyboard on your version of Android. Whatsapp has it built in so you don't need the keyboard to type them. You can check if there are any Android updates available in your settings.

Advertisement