Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early testing

Options
  • 15-10-2015 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi girls,

Just a quick one, what is the earliest you've tested? And what did you test with?

I am 6 days past a five day embryo transfer, my official test day is Tuesday (5 days from now), but I am soooooo tempted to test at the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I got a positive at 11dpo before which would be the same as 6 days post 5 day transfer by my calculation. The first response are definitely the best for early testing in my experience, and of course you know to use FMU. I know I should say wait but I know if it was me I would test at the weekend as I wouldn't be able to relax! Wishing you luck!

Edited to say - I tell a lie - it was actually at 10dpo. I'm a divil for early testing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

If you're doing it buy FR (First Response) tests from Boots and use fmu (first morning urine)
    That can give positives up to 5 or 6 days in advance of AF due date. Good Luck stickybean xxxx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

A word of caution though - check with your clinic, some fertility meds can give a false early positive, that's why they usually give you a date to test on. My trigger shot (pregnyl) was one of those and so I was warned not to test early.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Neyite wrote: »
    A word of caution though - check with your clinic, some fertility meds can give a false early positive, that's why they usually give you a date to test on. My trigger shot (pregnyl) was one of those and so I was warned not to test early.

I was told them same.

I suppose you could test today, and if the test is negative then that would show that the meds that might give a false positive are out of your system (if you know what I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I was doing an FET cycle, so we didn't have a trigger shot. Oh Lord, tell me that is something we didn't miss? Just going to check my FET instruction pack now

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sticky, I was doing OI, so probably we had different meds to take :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

stickybean wrote: »
    I was doing an FET cycle, so we didn't have a trigger shot. Oh Lord, tell me that is something we didn't miss? Just going to check my FET instruction pack now

Yeah for FET there'd be no trigger as you wouldn't be stimulating ovulation.

So we caved and went to buy a test yesterday. First chemist was closed. Second had shut early due to a family emergency. So we went to Tesco and they were sold out. What are the actual chances????? I'm taking it as a sign not to test :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

So we caved and went to buy a test yesterday. First chemist was closed. Second had shut early due to a family emergency. So we went to Tesco and they were sold out. What are the actual chances????? I'm taking it as a sign not to test :(

Maybe just give it another couple of days? I am 8 days after my first IUI, and starting to get really nervous for what the outcome will be next week!

Do you feel any different? I've been getting a bit of an ovulation type pain on & off in my lower left side since Thursday. Nothing painful but noticeable. It moved to my right side last night. Seems to be gone now. I had the trigger shot before IUI so don't want to test early in case of a false positive!

Been feeling exhausted from the progesterone! Taking it 3 times a day & have wanted to lie down & go to sleep in work most days! I'm wiped out from it!

Hi ciarrai76

I've had a mixture of symptoms, but not sure if my head has exaggerated them or not. I've had a mixture of cramps and tender breasts But the worst symptoms so far has been a constant headache. I literally have had it since last Sunday It's become somewhat more bearable in the last day or two. But it still there all the time .

Also I've had a watery discharge, sorry TMI, in the last 48 hours. I am guessing it is from the progesterone. I only take it at night time

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Maybe just give it another couple of days? I am 8 days after my first IUI, and starting to get really nervous for what the outcome will be next week!

Do you feel any different? I've been getting a bit of an ovulation type pain on & off in my lower left side since Thursday. Nothing painful but noticeable. It moved to my right side last night. Seems to be gone now. I had the trigger shot before IUI so don't want to test early in case of a false positive!

Been feeling exhausted from the progesterone! Taking it 3 times a day & have wanted to lie down & go to sleep in work most days! I'm wiped out from it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi ciarrai76

I've had a mixture of symptoms, but not sure if my head has exaggerated them or not. I've had a mixture of cramps and tender breasts But the worst symptoms so far has been a constant headache. I literally have had it since last Sunday It's become somewhat more bearable in the last day or two. But it still there all the time .

Also I've had a watery discharge, sorry TMI, in the last 48 hours. I am guessing it is from the progesterone. I only take it at night time

I get that discharge from the progesterone, and I have to take mine 3 times a day!

I had a bit of a headache on and off but nothing major. My boobs are soooo tender and uncomfortable! More so in the past few days. I was told I could test 2 weeks from the day of IUI, which is next Friday, however my period isn't due for about 3 or 4'days after that!? Bit confused by that! I don't know how I'm going to keep going this week & not be thinking about testing every 5 mins!

My FET was a 5 day embryo, in theory I am due my period today. I am going for a blood pregnancy test on Tuesday (which fingers crossed if we get a positive we will be 4 weeks and 2 days)

I know some tests can confirm 4 days before your period is due...

My FET was a 5 day embryo, in theory I am due my period today. I am going for a blood pregnancy test on Tuesday (which fingers crossed if we get a positive we will be 4 weeks and 2 days)

I know some tests can confirm 4 days before your period is due...

oh best of luck!! fingers crossed for you!

Been feeling very strange today, kind of as if my period is on its way, sort of sluggish and a tiny bit achy. My period isn't due for at least a week, so its odd. I hope its a good sign, but I'm starting to wreck my own head with wondering what's going on! I'm very impatient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

oh best of luck!! fingers crossed for you!

Been feeling very strange today, kind of as if my period is on its way, sort of sluggish and a tiny bit achy. My period isn't due for at least a week, so its odd. I hope its a good sign, but I'm starting to wreck my own head with wondering what's going on! I'm very impatient!!

For what its worth, I have been through 2 unsuccessful rounds of IUI and one successful round of IVF (though unfortunately it ended in a mmc) this year and I honestly could not have known the different between PMS symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms.

We all drive ourselves made trying to second guess ever twinge but honestly, they could mean anything.

Good luck with the wait! x

brokensoul wrote: »
    For what its worth, I have been through 2 unsuccessful rounds of IUI and one successful round of IVF (though unfortunately it ended in a mmc) this year and I honestly could not have known the different between PMS symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms.

We all drive ourselves made trying to second guess ever twinge but honestly, they could mean anything.

Good luck with the wait! x

I should know better after 6 years of TTC that I shouldn't be symptom spotting! :o

Less than 24 hours to my test. I stood outside a chemist this morning, I was going to do it, going to go in a buy a test and just have an answer. But in the end I couldn't. I haven't been able to sleep, just keep going over everything in my head.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come all week, now I am dreading it. If we get a negative it means we have to start all over again. I honestly don't know if I am strong enough to go through it... if we get a negative I know there will be no answer, no reason why, it will just be a negative and lets start again.

Less than 24 hours to my test. I stood outside a chemist this morning, I was going to do it, going to go in a buy a test and just have an answer. But in the end I couldn't. I haven't been able to sleep, just keep going over everything in my head.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come all week, now I am dreading it. If we get a negative it means we have to start all over again. I honestly don't know if I am strong enough to go through it... if we get a negative I know there will be no answer, no reason why, it will just be a negative and lets start again.

I feel the same way. I am actually dreading it now, rather than being excited. I just can't deal with it being negative either. Its only our first go of IUI, but I don't think I'll feel as positive going for it again as I did for this one. I was really positive at the start of this, now I'm just starting to give up! Want to believe so much we could be one of the small percentage of people it will work for....

I really hope you get good news tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I really hope ye get positives, ladies. Have my fingers crossed for ye :)

I spoke with the nurse in the clinic this morning for a follow up and she is very happy with my bloods from day 21 and the day of IUI. She said everything was really good and I definitely ovulated! She said I've responded really well to the drugs etc! So fingers crossed that's all a good sign.

I have to test Friday morn and we'll take it from there. I am sooooo nervous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Thinking of you today sticky, hope you get the result you want xx

• Advertisement

Thaank you for all the lovey messages - sadly we got a BFN. Absolutely gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I'm so sorry Sticky :-( :-(

Thaank you for all the lovey messages - sadly we got a BFN. Absolutely gutted

I'm so sorry :(

Have they said what to do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Gentle hugs to you stickybean. Here if you want to talk it out x

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Ahh sticky I am sorry to hear this x hope you are doing ok.

Hi Ciarrai,

Looks like we will go for a follow up and I guess we will plan what happens next. We are lucky we still have a little Eskimo embryo left, so we will probably do an FET cycle.

If we do I am really worries, at the start of this FET cycle we have 3 embryo's, but the first one, which was the best quality one, never made it through the thaw.
    I'm so sorry :(

Have they said what to do next?

Advertisement