Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wage adjustment for currency

Options
  • 15-10-2015 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I'm being moved from Tipp to one of our other sites in the North for 8 months however the company are not adjusting for the currency, I will still be getting paid in euro into my AIB account and will have to withdraw cash up there (I'm also missing out on the bank holiday on the 26th but thats beside the point).

Can any one tell me is that normal for a company todo? I was originally told in my contract that Id be working in 2 other sites over three years for a time frame.

Appreciate your feedback. The hit on the sterling is really bad so any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What adjustment are you looking for? To cover the bank charges for withdrawals in the North?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 AhhMang

looksee wrote: »
    What adjustment are you looking for? To cover the bank charges for withdrawals in the North?

I suppose it would be cost of living as well. I mean I make just over 1500 a month, which is about 1060sterling. It just seems a bit unfair, Maybe if they upped my salary by a couple of hundred a month to offset the difference in currency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

AhhMang wrote: »
    I suppose it would be cost of living as well. I mean I make just over 1500 a month, which is about 1060sterling. It just seems a bit unfair, Maybe if they upped my salary by a couple of hundred a month to offset the difference in currency?

It will be cheaper to live in the North. You are paid in the currency of the country in which you pay tax, though you may be based in the North, you are paying tax/deductions on your pay in the south.

Advertisement