Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB " completes " fast charger network

Options
  • 15-10-2015 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

These seem to be the remains fcps for the current ESB programme

The M4 at Enfield
    The N4 at Carrick-on-Shannon
    The M5 at Ballinasloe
    The M7 at Monasterevin
    The M8 at Cahir
    The M9 at Kilkenny City
    And the M11 at Gorey

So it that it then ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

No it is not. They have completed the AC chargers or SCPs as they are known in Leaf circles. They will continue to expand the FCP network but I believe they will need money first. So they will put these FCPs in, subject to finding a location for some, and then focus on bringing in charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

There is a Dept. of Communications/Energy has a consultation out at the moment on Alternative Fuels Infrastructure that includes rapid charging.

They seem to be leaning towards encouraging CNG vehicles rather than EVs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

BoatMad wrote: »
    These seem to be the remains fcps for the current ESB programme

The M7 at Monasterevin

So it that it then ?

Does that mean the Chademo FC at J14 will be replaced or another FC will be added?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

peposhi wrote: »
    Does that mean the Chademo FC at J14 will be replaced or another FC will be added?
    Be nice if they left the current FC and just added a triple standard

Truth be told the probably wouldn't have the power. Probably what is preventing them installing multiple chargers on one site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Dexter1979 wrote: »
    No it is not. They have completed the AC chargers or SCPs as they are known in Leaf circles. They will continue to expand the FCP network but I believe they will need money first. So they will put these FCPs in, subject to finding a location for some, and then focus on bringing in charges.

This is the FCP rollout

Charges are a complete waste of time at the present level of EV usage.

I spoke to someone at ESB today. Definitely not finished the rapid rollout yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

cros13 wrote: »
    I spoke to someone at ESB today. Definitely not finished the rapid rollout yet.

No I know that. The list I have is not yet all installed. I gather however that is it then under ten-t

BoatMad wrote: »
    No I know that. The list I have is not yet all installed. I gather however that is it then under ten-t

Yeah but TEN-T only funded chargers on TEN-T routes.

The majority of rapid chargers were not funded by TEN-T.

Advertisement