Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of fire extinguishers

Options
  • 14-10-2015 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum, I couldn't think where to post this.

I have a really old cheap fire extinguisher at home and I will be replacing it soon. Any idea how to properly dispose of or recycle the old one? It's never been discharged, but it was cheap and is old so I just want to replace it with a good new one. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You could get it refilled at one of the many Fire Extinguisher Providers out there, or just hand it over to one if you no longer want it. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take something off your hands for free that they can service and resell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Berkieahern

Archeron wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum, I couldn't think where to post this.

I have a really old cheap fire extinguisher at home and I will be replacing it soon. Any idea how to properly dispose of or recycle the old one? It's never been discharged, but it was cheap and is old so I just want to replace it with a good new one. Thanks!

I recently purchased two from <Mod snip>. I'm sure they would service it for you. Or maybe trade it against a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Get a few friends, get a crate in and pick a victim. Post link to the video on boards.ie for internet points

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Discharge it fully. Unscrew the valve mechanism from the cylinder. Put it in the black bin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Discharge it fully. Unscrew the valve mechanism from the cylinder. Put it in the black bin.
    Would it hold its ability to be discharged if it's as old as the OP suggests?

• Advertisement
Advertisement