Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting on Glass

Options
  • 14-10-2015 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to paint onto glass in school. It needs to last for about a month at a time and be removable without solvents at the end. Anyone got any ideas?
    Much appreciated! (Oh and cheap solutions would be great!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Temppe

As a child I painted the windows with regular poster paint. It lasted for weeks (it was on the inside) and it washed off with water, as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

We use poster paints or acrylic paints and mix in a bit of washing up liquid which makes it easier to remove. I've never had it on a window for 9 months so wouldn't know how much it would fade, but have had it up for about 6months through the summer and it was starting to look old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

callee wrote: »
    We use poster paints or acrylic paints and mix in a bit of washing up liquid which makes it easier to remove. I've never had it on a window for 9 months so wouldn't know how much it would fade, but have had it up for about 6months through the summer and it was starting to look old.

That sounds good, I'd be hoping to change it every couple of months. The idea is that the students get terms for music lodged in their head by seeing them every day on the stairs. I just don't want to end up with paint on the glass I can't get off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Julia_356

Well, I purchased a special kit for painting on glass. We decorated a glass door with my kids.

Advertisement