Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 6 marshmallow release

Options
  • 14-10-2015 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi
    I have a Nexus 5 from 2013 and am a Vodafone Ireland customer. I am running android 5.1.1 at the moment. I am having very poor performance recently in battery drain and intermittent shutdown. I am hoping the release will deal with this.

Has anyone any experience yet if there is an improvement with the new release and also when I could expect to see it over Vodafone?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

BarnaP wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a Nexus 5 from 2013 and am a Vodafone Ireland customer. I am running android 5.1.1 at the moment. I am having very poor performance recently in battery drain and intermittent shutdown. I am hoping the release will deal with this.

Has anyone any experience yet if there is an improvement with the new release and also when I could expect to see it over Vodafone?

Thanks

There's a big nexus 5 thread. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/97369775

Nexus phones are carrier free and unbranded do you should see it soon the same as everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BarnaP

My upgrade arrived last night so hopefully that will solve the battery and shutdown issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

BarnaP wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Definitely seeing better battery performance with my Nexus 5, id say you will see the update any time soon, or if you can follow simple instruction you could download and flash the update yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Marshmallow brings up to a 30% improvement in battery life iirc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Looking forward to this for my vodafone sgs6.. Battery is fairly shït lately, and the ui is getting jumpy..

• Advertisement
Advertisement