Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to West Sussex

• 13-10-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7 Toby88

Hi All,

Looking for some advice! I've a Job Offer in the West Sussex area of England (the job would be in Worthing or nearby)

Its a great Job and I would be waiting a long time for a similiar role with a similiar wage to come up in Ireland. Salary would be £40k - £45k.

The only downside is moving over from Ireland and setting up over there. My girlfriend is happy to move as she is in a basic enough job here and would easily get something as good if not better over there. We have two dogs who we want to bring so this limits our accommodation search.

Can anyone recommend areas where it might be possible to get a house (number of beds doesn't matter) with average sized garden for dogs for max monthly rent of £900?

I know over here that if you move out to the lesser populated or countryside areas rent is generally cheaper, I'm hoping the same applies over there but don't have any idea of what areas to look in or what agents etc to contact.

Sorry for the ramble!! Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

While you can search through sites such as Rightmove and Zoopla, because you have the animals I'd suggest that you instead contact estate agents and send them your list of requirements and have them do the work. When I moved to the UK from the USA with 2 cats I found this an easier option.

When you use these sites and enter the word 'dogs' or 'pets' they generally return results where the test includes 'no pets' or 'no dogs' making it difficult to search.

So go to Zoopla, search in Worthing and each listing will have the name of the estate agent. Get a list of names and Google their contact details and send them off an e-mail. Don't use Zoopla's and Rightmoves feature to contact estate agents through their websites, do it directly !

You may find though that the countryside, less than 10 miles from the beach, will be fairly expensive as it's the South Downs and a particularity popular area. Countryside houses around Worthing tend to be minimum 3 bedrooms compared to a 1-bedroomed terrace house in town and so will be usually more expensive (approx 1,300pm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

You might actually struggle to find much to rent in Sussex. Not really a rental market so you may end up in one of the larger towns.

http://www.letswithpets.org.uk/

I'd suggest getting on the phone to the local estate agents that that site lists and explain some of the background about the dogs.

I'm looking to move again at the moment and I'm also engaged similarly!

http://www.primelocation.com/ also allows you to filter for 'pets accepted' (filter after the search).

Dogs and pets in general seem to be for more a part of normal life over here than at home, I imagine it would be harder in Ireland to get a landlord to be okay with a pet tbh!

Advertisement