Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options
  • 13-10-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Looking for any information on the Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme.
    I was thinking of applying this year, possibly for HR, so anyone with experience in this programme would be a great help!
    Just wondering what the recruitment process is like? And what the experience on the graduate programme itself is like?
    I've heard there is a presentation type thing as part of the interview process, which is the part that puts me off most.
    Most of the information I've heard is coming from a friend of a friend of a friend. It would be great to hear feedback from people with experience themselves.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Westeros wrote: »
    Looking for any information on the Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme.
    I was thinking of applying this year, possibly for HR, so anyone with experience in this programme would be a great help!
    Just wondering what the recruitment process is like? And what the experience on the graduate programme itself is like?
    I've heard there is a presentation type thing as part of the interview process, which is the part that puts me off most.
    Most of the information I've heard is coming from a friend of a friend of a friend. It would be great to hear feedback from people with experience themselves.

Actually applying for it myself don't know how far I get due leaving results being poor but have to do the numerical/verbal tests today.

As for presentations I wouldn't let that put you off. I do have the benefit of them being integral to my undergrad but still nervous. Presentations are generally not that difficult as long as you understand what your talking about and people tend to account for the fact that speaking in front of people can be daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Are the tests online or do you go somewhere to do them? I applied a few days ago and just wondering.

fungie wrote: »
    Are the tests online or do you go somewhere to do them? I applied a few days ago and just wondering.

I think it goes....

Online test
    Test at site to verify results.
    Then interview / presentation.

Not 100% but roughly expecting the following

Alright thanks.

How long after you completed form did you receive link to do the tests?

A day or two. I did get another email saying they are quiet busy with applicants so it may be a while before they get in contact. Pretty sure the online test were automated though.

• Advertisement

A day or two. I did get another email saying they are quiet busy with applicants so it may be a while before they get in contact. Pretty sure the online test were automated though.

Its been a few days now and still no word about online testing, might give them an email.

Has anyone done the Video interview yet? any idea of the process?

Does anybody know how I can get in contact with with someone in bank of Ireland as I havent gotten any emails from them with the online tests. I couldn't find any emails on the website.

Haven't done it yet, any ideas on what kind of questions are asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

fungie wrote: »
    Does anybody know how I can get in contact with with someone in bank of Ireland as I havent gotten any emails from them with the online tests. I couldn't find any emails on the website.

I submitted my application last night and while filtering through emails, noticed I received an email from them today with a link to the online tests. Email went into my junk folder though, have you tried there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 amylou2

Hi Heart break kid, just wondering how did your video interview go? how many questions were asked?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gecwbo3a0t92uj

Anyone know what the deadline for the video interviews is? They messed up sending out the initial email with links to the psychometric tests, so only did that yesterday evening. Her email said "you will be invited to video interview which you will be required to complete over the weekend". But I'm not sure if that means that I will be invited over the weekend (got the email this morning) or that I must do the interview over the weekend.

Also, has anyone done their interviews yet, what were they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gradl94

Anybody hear an outcome from the Video assessment?

gradl94 wrote: »
    Anybody hear an outcome from the Video assessment?

The applications only closed there so it could be a bit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I got a mail about being called for the video interview Saturday morning and it said it had to be done within three days of then so I'm going to do it later on today

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Hi, just wondering if you heard anything after the video interview?
    I did mine too and haven't heard anything since, I'm not sure if thats a bad sign. :(

meesh140 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if you heard anything after the video interview?
    I did mine too and haven't heard anything since, I'm not sure if thats a bad sign. :(

Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Still haven't heard anything myself. Can anyone remember what dates it was said the interviews would be taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I haven't heard anything either! I thought the assessment centres ended on the 16th of November, but I think they were actually last years dates that I was reading. They are after extending applications I think so I'm guessing they may just be waiting to hit a certain number before finalising the dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Heard nothing yet either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shellbm

Has anyone who went for compliance and risk heard anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Just here to keep this thread up to date a little bit.

Applied for the Corporate and Treasury program there last week and was sent an email to complete the online testing. I have to admit, it was difficult enough. Very short on time and an incredibly annoying tab based system that keeps changing layout wise to put you off. (A worker should never blame his tools comes to mind!)

Happy enough with what I have done and looking forward to getting some info back. Any of you guys in the same boat?

Others who have posted before, how long do you wait for the next stage and what is involved in it. I've heard that it is a video interview. Do you record answers to questions on screen or is with a BOI recruiter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

Anyone on here starting the C&T graduate programme in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cici121

Hi I will be starting the graduate programme in Bank of Ireland in the customer service and innovation section was wondering if anyone has done it before or has any insight into it? Thank you:)

Advertisement