Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carnevil- anyone been?

Options
  • 13-10-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering has anyone been to Carnevil/ yet, if so what's it like?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering has anyone been to Carnevil/ yet, if so what's it like?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Heard it's good (funny/scary) but haven't been. Going to try to go this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Hmmm, looks interesting. I might well give it a go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Anyone I know who's gone has really enjoyed it. Hoping to book a couple of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TomGalway

Went last Friday night at around 11ish it was quiet. The guy on the door said they'd stay open at the weekend as late as people came for it.... which is a good sign. Have to say..... It was brilliant. They guesstimate around 20 minutes but it all depends how quickly you run!! Well worth the money just wonder why anyone hasn't done something like it before. I'd recommend going in smaller groups 2-4 if possible, the initial scare is what you want, I don't think it's be as much fun if you were the last one through the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Where is this located? Their location page on website seems to be on the blink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

should be market st galway beside the connacht tribune. not in galway but very familiar with the tribune having worked with them for years. I'd love to go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I've been put off going by the price- seems expensive for a 15-20 minute experience. I wonder will there be any special offers on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

EDIT I was wrong about the below, must have my internet connection last night, there are actually lots of days with slots to be booked.

If you want to go looks like you'll need to get in quick, it says theres only tickets left for oct 30th and 31st on their booking page .
    http://carnevil.ie/tickets/booking/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭omu

I have been to the show, great craic and we'll worth it. I would go in with max group of 4 or 5. Had a quick look online and still tickets available.

EDIT I was wrong about the below, must have my internet connection last night, there are actually lots of days with slots to be booked.

If you want to go looks like you'll need to get in quick, it says theres only tickets left for oct 30th and 31st on their booking page .
    http://carnevil.ie/tickets/booking/

I had the same thing happen when I looked at it. Just those 2 days available :confused:

**aha**

You must select a time *before* you select a date. For some reason that rule doesn't apply to 30th and 31st so it looks like they are the only free dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's this "skip the queue" about? Is there a queue even with tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

biko wrote: »
    What's this "skip the queue" about? Is there a queue even with tickets?

For the "Skip the queue" option, they send in a really scary monster who chases all the people inside away :)

You have to create an account with mobile number and a email address.
    Why mobile number too? Who knows... it's not used nor explained anywhere.
    Then they send your login and password in cleartext :rolleyes:
    These fellas really need to get some understanding on how to run a website.

Anyway, tix got and looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Notch000

22euro for 20 mins entertainment is the scariest thing here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Yes, it's expensive but I look at it as a once off event and 'reviews' in this forum have been very positive.
    Go karting is €20 for 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Notch000 wrote: »
    22euro for 20 mins entertainment is the scariest thing here

Maybe if you view it as paying for time.

It's more than likely not something you would be doing on a regular basis.

I'd view it as paying for the experience and judging by the positive reviews it's well worth it even if you only done it once.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Went yesterday, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hoping I can convince two of my friends to come with me next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Video Clip : 5 terrifying Halloween attractions that will definitely give you a fright

http :// www. joe. ie /fitness-health/5-terrifying-halloween-attractions-that-will-definitely-give-you-a-fright/516220

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Carnevil: Galway's scary walkthrough Halloween attraction

http ://www. irishtimes.com/carnevil-galway-s-scary-walkthrough-halloween-attraction-1.2403478

• Advertisement

Was there tonight with two friends. One of us was scared, one was a little bored and one was laughing all the way through! Fun/scary, not terrified, but some before us were. The actors/crew varied from the energy of a checkout person on a bad day to top class stuff. Glad we went.

Taken from their facebook page

11010545_885157321566736_7038125480987935063_n.jpg?oh=f0171ed827e2d41de7a15387e277549d&oe=56BD8ADE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

best to go in in pairs, i laughed the whole way through it at my oh,who screamed the whole way through it,i was laughing at her screaming,that made it worthwhile for me,good idea ,overpriced.

Advertisement