Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where’s Tipperary?

Options
  • 13-10-2015 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

I see the teams for the forthcoming season have been published on the MCU website.
    Cork, Adare, CCYMS, Ennis A, Sarsfield, Limerick, Ennis B and Tralee make up Div1 and Charleville, Dungarvan, Cork B and Knights of St. James (Mallow) make up Div 2
    Which adds up to only five counties.

Why no team from Tipperary?

Surely there most be players there, doing a search on the internet shows there is a least two clubs.

Can not the MCU have a development officer to promote the development of clubs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rob51

Tychoo wrote: »
    I see the teams for the forthcoming season have been published on the MCU website.
    Cork, Adare, CCYMS, Ennis A, Sarsfield, Limerick, Ennis B and Tralee make up Div1 and Charleville, Dungarvan, Cork B and Knights of St. James (Mallow) make up Div 2
    Which adds up to only five counties.

Why no team from Tipperary?

Surely there most be players there, doing a search on the internet shows there is a least two clubs.

Can not the MCU have a development officer to promote the development of clubs?

I don't think the MCU have anything against Tipperary, it's just that no club from there has entered the league. The sentence you have quoted is followed by an invitation to contact the MCU:).
    Actually the suggestion of having a development officer and proactively looking for people with an interest in chess is not a bad idea at all.

Advertisement