Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

app that won't stop video record when screen off

Options
  • 12-10-2015 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

I want to use an old android phone as a cheap CCTV alternative. Its to keeps tabs on the car during the night. People are keying the cars in my area and even though I have a locked gate and a motion sensor light at front of the house I want abit of an extra guarantee if anything happens I'll catch the F's. Stock app stops recording when the screen is off. In the interest of battery life I need the screen off when doing this. Its an old Huawei y300 phone.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Recording video will burn the battery out in 2-3hrs tops anyways, so if you care about battery give up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

ED E wrote: »
    Recording video will burn the battery out in 2-3hrs tops anyways, so if you care about battery give up now.

Well I suppose I could leave the phone plugged into the wall charger or the USB port on the computer to counteract it. I'm just seeing how well it would work. Then I may actually invest in an actual CCTV system that I can monitor through my WiFi connection and record the footage directly onto the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Free app called ip camera. There are other apps that can do as you want, but usually are not free. Look up tutorials online, I haven't done it myself but was thinking of doing it as a little project but have not had the time

Advertisement