Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny fascinator

Options
  • 12-10-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi im looking for wakey funny fascinator ideas photos if at all possible its for a mock wedding ive trawled the internet but none that funny or easy to make any ideas would be gratfully appreciated thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've seen one made from polystyrene covered in netting fabric, in the shape of a wedding cake. And one made of liquorice allsorts (painted with clear varnish to prevent getting sticky sugary crap all over your head).
    Have you tried doing a Google images search for 'novelty fascinator', lots of results for that.
    Have you any idea of a theme? What will the rest of your outfit be like etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kittykatr

dee_mc wrote: »
    I've seen one made from polystyrene covered in netting fabric, in the shape of a wedding cake. And one made of liquorice allsorts (painted with clear varnish to prevent getting sticky sugary crap all over your head).
    Have you tried doing a Google images search for 'novelty fascinator', lots of results for that.
    Have you any idea of a theme? What will the rest of your outfit be like etc?

Yes ive tried google images but ter not funny enuff ready no theme and casual dress my friend is doing an ashtray with cigarette in it and someone else id doung guinness ine thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

How about a hangover cure fascinator? Pro-plus or alka-seltzer or whatever, sachet of coffee, one of those little 5 hour energy drink bottles, breath mints, a funny eye mask etc? Would pair well with your friends ideas?!
    Or a full Irish breakfast? Or 'beef or salmon'? You could make the bits from fimo modelling clay and arrange it all on a plastic plate attached to a hairband!
    Or you culd do a spoof of the silly baskets of deoderant and all that rubbish they leave in the bathrooms at weddings lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I saw a Teddy Bears Picnic one being worn at Ascot. Little figures and tiny buns, cups, etc. stuck on a "disk" on a hairband.

Advertisement