Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone interview

Options
  • 12-10-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Just had an phone interview and it didn't go well at all. I had prepared and everything just got nervous and messed up . The questions that were asked I know but it didn't come across that way. What a bummer. The interview was supposed to have last 30-45 min but only lasted 5. Anyone have ever had phone interviews

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I hate them. I don't think I've ever had a successful one!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

I came across as if I didn't have a clue of the line of work I was in

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah done a few. But they have never been massively indepth or lengthy.

Ones I've done have usually just being pretty quick, some quick questions and stuff and then lead into a formal interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭skallywag

OP, are you really sure that it didn't go well?

I would always do a phone interview with a candidate as a first step in the interview process, and to be honest they do not usually last more than 5-10 minutes, as that is how long I would need to make a decision on whether I bring the candidate in for a face-to-face or not.

In general though I think that should try to prepare yourself more for such interviews, they are becoming more and more common as the first point of contact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

End of the day people will decide if they like you within the first few seconds of speaking to you so remember that next time.

A lot of the time it isn't what you say it's how you say it. Bring your personality out and build a rapport with the interviewer and they will be likely to offer you a face to face, rather than someone who is boring as hell but answers all the questions "correctly".

• Advertisement
Advertisement