Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lawn

Options
  • 12-10-2015 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, I have a largish lawn which has a lot of weed in it, it is also very uneven. I would like to level it off and re seed it. Can I treat/kill the existing lawn and then just spread soil over it to get it level before I seed, or do I have to dig the existing turf up ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭macraignil

Some weeds could regrow from the old turf depending on what you treat the existing lawn with. Digging the old turf could help get rid of weeds but you might find its too much work. Cutting the lawn regularly should reduce the numbers of weeds over time so you might prefer just to dig and reseed the worst patches of your existing lawn. I put down some grass seed on the bare patches in my new lawn recently and have noticed they are a lot slower to sprout now the weather has gone a bit colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 OscarKane

You Can simplify weed control & reduce with Mow to the ideal cutting height, Identify the weeds before planning the attack, Kill perennial grassy weeds one by one, Don’t fight weeds where grass won’t grow.

Advertisement