Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asked to go for medical

Options
  • 11-10-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

For a new job. I'm wondering about a drug test. I'm not a regular drug user but took something to sleep a week ago that stays in the system a long time that wasnt prescribed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

You'll be grand. It's not what they're looking for.
    Usually pre-employment medicals aren't for drugs tests anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 maca123

Thanks. That seems to be the opinion on these forums. I guess we aren't as intrusive pre-employment here than in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 38 evey3624

Sorry to disappoint but it all depends on who the employer is!!! Any Pre-Employment medical I have ever had included the obligatory urine test (Drugs is just one test).

If something shows up, the Doctor who conducts the medical will inform you and ask to speak to your GP (if there is a genuine reason) and this will not be an issue.

You said it was not prescribed so the question will be how did you get it? It must be pretty potent if it would still be in your system, however, if you have a history your GP knows, he/she will be able to talk to it.

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

urine test is hardly ever for narcotics and its not wide spectrum catching any and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

As an AM within a large occupational provider, you will never be given a drug test as part of a pre-employment medical without being advised in advance. The most common tests are either 10 screen or 12 screen of all your standard illegal drugs. Expect Opiates to be on there as a standard. However, you run of the mill sleeping pills will not be so you don't have anything to worry about in that regards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement