Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

linx 10 Recovery Issues

• 10-10-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Hi.

Really hope someone can help.

Basically I tried restoring Windows 8.1 with bing from windows 10 but somehow the its got stuck in a boot loop stating that something is missing and I need to use my usb recovery tools.

Here in.lies my problem. My usb recovery is corrupted and I have no recovery image.

Does anyone have either an 8.1 with bing image or windows 10.

I really am at my wits end now.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Don't have a linx but did you try this. Simple Google brought this up. Might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭ra0044

That's the one I have been attempting to use but simply cant get it to work.

I can get in to bios but simply cant get it to boot from a usb.

Really frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ra0044 wrote: »
    That's the one I have been attempting to use but simply cant get it to work.

I can get in to bios but simply cant get it to boot from a usb.

Really frustrating

I'll take it you have the recovery image on a USB stick. Did you try re-burning the image or trying a different USB stick. I had some issues restoring to factory image on my Surface, but it was due to the image being corrupt on the USB.

I also think I tried to restore image from a micro sd card and that didn't get me very far.

Advertisement