Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mot 2nd gen dual sim - dropped calls

Options
  • 10-10-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I know there is a thread on moto g and some people have complained of dropped calls but I didn't want my query to get lost.
    Bought the phone in may upgraded to Lollipop - had to factory reset twice due to constant errors re google play services and other things.
    Over the last month or two I am getting dropped calls randomly. I hear a screeching noise, people can still hear me but I cannot hear them and I have to hang up and phone again.
    Contacted Motorola who got me to send it for repair - so again I had to reinstall everything afterwards but still doing the same thing. Motorola won't replace it, they say repair again or contact Amazon where I bought it.
    Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

I am having the exact same problem now on my Moto G 1st gen, has also been happening on Moto G 2nd Gen. What network are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

I am with Vodafone but I replaced my sim card to make sure it wasn't that. The sim does not drop calls in other phones so I don't believe it is that. Motorola are s**t in terms of trying to resolve. This appears to be a common issue surely there should be a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

I also replaced my sim as well but it still happens. I have basically done everything from factory reset, clear cache partition new sim etc. Kinda starting to think it must be some sort of a software problem at this stage. I was using 1st gen moto g since Jan 2014 with meteor and I never had dropped calls. Now I am with vodafone and get dropped calls the whole time, still dont know how to resolve it. Hopefully 5.1 update could resolve it but there is no indication when that will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Have to give credit to Amazon. I sent them an email about the phone not expecting anything and they have ordered a replacement for me! As soon as I receive it i send back the old phone. Happy days! I just hope the new phone doesn't have the same problem.

Advertisement