Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD Card affecting photos

Options
  • 10-10-2015 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭

Galaxy S5...not rooted.

Put in an SD card to save photos (wiped before, not happening again!!).

Problem is that now when you take a photo and go into the gallery there is nothing there only a black thumbnail with an exclamation mark there.

I've formatted the card but it's still the same so i've reverted back to saving them to the device.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

mfceiling wrote: »
    Galaxy S5...not rooted.

Put in an SD card to save photos (wiped before, not happening again!!).

Problem is that now when you take a photo and go into the gallery there is nothing there only a black thumbnail with an exclamation mark there.

I've formatted the card but it's still the same so i've reverted back to saving them to the device.

Any ideas?

Where did you buy the card? are you sure its legit? Also are you formatting it on your pc or phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

projectgtr wrote: »
    Where did you buy the card? are you sure its legit? Also are you formatting it on your pc or phone?

Proper Sandisk card.

Formatted from the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Do you have another card to test? Samsungs seem to eat SDs for some reason, if it is the card id bin it tbh

projectgtr wrote: »
    Do you have another card to test? Samsungs seem to eat SDs for some reason, if it is the card id bin it tbh

The card is about 3 weeks old. Would it be fecked already?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

I had 32GB red San disc card in my s4 mini before I got my s5. When I had it in the phone nothing was recognized and it wiped all my music - everything. 😦 is your memory card a red San disc one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

The card is about 3 weeks old. Would it be fecked already?

Try it in a pc using a USB adaptor

if its curropted yeah

What would cause this? I've taken about 15 photos and everyone of them came back black in the gallery. Would a card really get fecked after 3 weeks and only 15 photos?

On a side note i lifted the phone about an hour ago (sitting on the arm of the couch) and it had turned itself off. Took a long 10-15 second hold on the side power button to get it to switch on. Getting a bit p*ssed off with it recently.

Thats very strange OP that it would just basically shut down... If I where you I'd bring it to your nearest phone shop asap to find out what's going on? It's also stage that the memory card is curropt or is it [sorry if I'm speaking out of turn here by saying it is]

I corrupted mine afew years ago by trying to get the memory card out with a steak knife. Not knowing I could just use my nail then pull it out! :L

It's also weird that your photos are coming out black when the card is just 3 weeks old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭G1032

What would cause this? I've taken about 15 photos and everyone of them came back black in the gallery. Would a card really get fecked after 3 weeks and only 15 photos?

On a side note i lifted the phone about an hour ago (sitting on the arm of the couch) and it had turned itself off. Took a long 10-15 second hold on the side power button to get it to switch on. Getting a bit p*ssed off with it recently.

Samsungs break sd cards!! I had an S3 before and had similar issues with sd cards. There was a thread on XDA called 'S3 - the sd card killer' or something like that.
    Iirc Samsung were replacing sd cards for people (open to correction on this)

Advertisement