Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet for studying PDF's, diagrams

Options
  • 10-10-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hey,

I have been thinking of buying a tablet for studying, but I don't want to end up spending money on something that will end up being useless for what I want to use it for.

I'm terrified that 7" will be too small to read PDF's and view diagrams effectively. The first real bump in resolution for a 7" and you move into entry-level 8" tablets, so I am not sure what the best choice is.

Reading PDF's, networking diagrams and watching videos is my main goal. The novelty of the tablet will keep me focused, and a laptop will just take me to youtube (sounds stupid but that's how my brain works!).

Does anyone have any advise on this? Does resolution mean much for studying PDF's and diagrams or should I go for size?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I've had an iPad for ages , but I recently got a HP Elitepad for work. I'm liking it a lot, I'm using it for network diagrams , ip mapping , Nagios , opening .pdf , doing powerpoint presentations. I'm not sure what it cost , but it is a full windows 10 machine as a tablet.
    Battery life is surprisingly good given that I'm constantly on wifi , running outlook which is updating my mailbox etc. I'm easily getting 2 days work out of it.

Advertisement