Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.de issue

Options
  • 10-10-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has had issues buying stuff from Amazon.de.
    I'm trying to buy a tripod but it says they won't ship to Ireland. It's €60 cheaper than UK Amazon. First time using the German site so not sure what the problem would be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

€60 difference between the French and German Amazon sites, so exchange rate between sterling and euro isn't a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Is is sold and shipped by amazon or by a marketplace seller? I find a lot of market place sellers on amazon uk and de will not ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I bought my tripod legs from amazon.de and got them delivered to Parcel Motel.

adox wrote: »
    I bought my tripod legs from amazon.de and got them delivered to Parcel Motel.

I'll give that a try but I think I might have to pay the vat then, which I'm trying to avoid. I selected a UK address I sometimes send stuff to and while it allowed it they didn't remove the vat from the total.

Got an email from Amazon:
    "I've checked and can confirm that unfortunately the tripod cannot be shipped to Ireland. Operational and regulatory reasons, as well as limitations set by the manufacturers/suppliers limit the delivery destinations for some products. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, as we are unable to override the error that pops up when ordering."

Works out cheaper to buy it in store here in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Sometimes (not always), items are cheaper on the UK site rather than the DE site - and weirder still - they might yet ship from the DE warehouse! I'll always check both sites if I'm looking for something. It's not currency or VAT, but some local pricing/competition.

Probably just going to buy it here and wait to claim the vat back.

From DE the price is €290 ex vat (€348.50 with vat)
    UK price €331 ex vat
    Conns price €325 ex vat (€400 with vat)

Advertisement