Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy Dress

Options
  • 09-10-2015 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi girls

So, been invited to a birthday party in 2 weeks which is now fancy dress - nightmare!!

It's with the boyfriends family (who I don't know that well yet), grandparents etc will be there so nothing sexy - which seems to be the direction most female costumes head in!

I want something that's not too over the top, but shows I've still made an effort...also something that is still dressy so I don't feel like a frump.

I need ideas...was originally thinking a Pink Lady but I can't find a Bardot style top or dress anywhere.

Main issue is the boyfriend is a boring Fecker and won't do something as a couple. He's not making much effort with his costume so if I do I'll feel silly walking in with him but if I don't make any effort like him, I'll give a bad impression and be the boring new girlfriend who didn't get into the spirit of things!

Please HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Pick a cartoon character or one of the Enid Blyton children. Olive Oyl? Betty Boop? Flapper girl? A Harry Potter witch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Lindy Bop sale section is usually good for retro inspired outfits

http://www.lindybop.co.uk/sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Keep it simple with something like Where's Wally?

Red and white striped hat and t-shirt is all you'll need. You'll be comfortable while still in fancy dress.

Advertisement