Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buggy help

Options
  • 09-10-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I've just found out I'm pregnant with no.3.
    I've never had much luck with prams and am looking for advice and suggestions.
    My first I had a graco. I loved this it was light as well as sturdy but I'm conscious of the car seat being the baby seat in case I'm using it for extended periods.
    Second I had a cosatto cabi. It's lovely but too big for me. Too much to do when I use public transport as it's not something easily folded.
    I also have a sling carrier which is great but my back will only be able for an hour at most after my 3rd section.
    I just want something lightweight, no hassle but sturdier than a stroller.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Why not just use the graco without the car seat if you're out for extended periods?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Mamas & Papas have a gorgeous stroller that reclines fully flat for newborn - the Armadillo. I was very tempted by it but went for a full travel system in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

kandr10 wrote: »
    Why not just use the graco without the car seat if you're out for extended periods?

I actually completely forgot it was ok to do that with the graco. My oldest is 4.
    Wasn't sure as internet description is all about car seat being baby seat.
    Thanks for the reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Mamas & Papas have a gorgeous stroller that reclines fully flat for newborn - the Armadillo. I was very tempted by it but went for a full travel system in the end

We have the Mamas & Papas sola, great pushchair!!! We used it from birth when out and about or combined with the maxi cosi seat using the adaptors. Highly recommend it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends on what you need it for.
    I need to have proper tyres on a buggy and my back gets sore if I push a stroller for more then 5 minutes.
    I have some decent slings and could walk for miles with them and my back would be fine.
    DO you need a double ?

My single was a Maxi Cosi Mura 4 ,I loved it but sold it as I had no space to store it.
    Out n about nipper Double,this buggy is amazing. I have had 5 kids through it in nearly 5 years and I have very few complaints about it and the newer ones are even more amazing.
    Stroller for grandparents etc - Petit Zia 4. As far as strollers go it is brilliant but I miss the pumped tyres. It folds tiny though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I have a Graco quattro and while you can use it as a travel system with car seat clicked in, there is also a newborn setting where you fully recline the seat and put the carrycot insert in so it becomes a pram.
    I didn't buy the Graco - got it 2nd hand as a present and I wouldn't have picked it in a shop (probably coz I'm too much of a snob haha) but I have to say it's excellent. Huge basket underneath for shopping, great built-in rain/wind cover - found the newborn and the toddler size easy to use and it comes with its own version of an Iso-fix (which is a base that is seat-belted in, then the car seat clicks into it) easy to fold and easy to adjust the toddler seat to fully upright or reclined....it's great

Advertisement