Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOE exempt?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Its probably classed in the logbook, as a vintage vehicle.
    But I reckon thats gonna change in the not too distant future...............or maybe not.

Look at all the vw type 2 campers....vintage vehicle....no doe.

Doe is necessarily not a bad thing. I,ve seen young couples caught up in the vw hippie bus
    scene that spent 10's of thousands on campers, only to scrap them after a few months. That
    were supposedly restored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

so if I get my Camper (built 1985) reclassified on it's taxbook as Vintage, will it be CVRT free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

so if I get my Camper (built 1985) reclassified on it's taxbook as Vintage, will it be CVRT free?

No..... it has to be pre 1980, the rolling 30 years applies to taxation class only NOT to test excemption whetherit be NCT or DOE.

However it is still worth doing as vintage tax is less than camper tax.

I don't think there is any exemption of the CVRT...just for the NCT....could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

I don't think there is any exemption of the CVRT...just for the NCT....could be wrong

Currently motor caravans first registered before 01/01/1980 are exempt, same as cars.

The RSA are currently reviewing this situation, SEE HERE

• Advertisement

thx, have to look for an elephant taxbook obviously

shagman wrote: »
    No..... it has to be pre 1980, the rolling 30 years applies to taxation class only NOT to test excemption whetherit be NCT or DOE.

However it is still worth doing as vintage tax is less than camper tax.

Might be from a tax point of view, but some insurance companies wont insure a vintage classed camper.

You can still insure it as a classic though.

You can still insure it as a classic though.

I insured my T25 1987 one year with a certain company as a classic. On renewal next year they said no, as it was a classic???:confused:

Go figure......I couldn,t................computer says no.

Try the IVETTA scheme though campions. Obviously not the same cover as a classic policy but might suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Try the IVETTA scheme though campions. Obviously not the same cover as a classic policy but might suit.

What advantage would there be in insuring as a classic?. I insure my 1986 Romahome as a .............camper.

Advertisement