Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singing while playing an instrument

Options
  • 09-10-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm trying to contribute more backing vocals in my band which I play guitar in. My voice isn't the best but it's decent enough. I'm finding though that once I start thinking about it, I mess up one or the other.

Is it just LOADS of practice necessary or does anyone have any tips on this?

Some of the guitar stuff can be intricate or played at a rhythm which makes singing difficult. It's something I really want to master and not have to sacrifice anything musically.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

Two tips.

(A) Practice, practice, practice. This is a process. The better you practice the quicker it will be.

(B) Practice slowly and in small chunks. Take small sections of your songs work them out. Again the better you do this the quicker you will become with new songs in the future. Do not try to take whole songs in one go!

Advertisement